The conference is designed to provide a biennial forum for new work in logic, epistemology, and the philosophy of science. The format of the conference will provide an opportunity for speakers to receive constructive feedback from interested colleagues from Colombia and abroad, and for other participants to become acquainted with new work in the field. Suggested topics include:
1. Logic, philosophy of logic, history of logic, and Artificial Intelligence.
2. Formal, Bayesian, evolutionary, moral, feminist, android, naturalized, and social epistemology; scepticism; reliabilism; foundationalism; coherentism; fallibilism; belief revision; epistemic virtues; and internalism vs. externalism.
3. General philosophy of science.
4. Philosophy of physics, mathematics, biology, cognitive science, or social science.
5. History and sociology of science.
Please submit an abstract in Word, PDF, or RTF format. The abstract should be between 500 and 1000 words, and it should present the main argument of the paper. Review will be double-blind. Please do not include your name or any identifying references on the abstract or the file. Please include your full name and institutional affiliation in your e-mail when you submit the abstract. The allocated time for delivering contributed papers at the conference will be 40 minutes, including discussion. The languages of the conference are English and Spanish.
The submission deadline is November 15, 2015.
Accepted abstracts will be announced on December 1st, 2015
The conference is organized by:
Departamento de Filosofía
Universidad de los Andes